Nashville is a city in Davidson County in Tennessee.
Nashville is the capital of the state of Tennessee. It is located on the Cumberland River in Davidson County in the north-central part of the state. Nashville is also a major hub for the health care, entertainment and publishing industries. Metropolitan Nashville's population stood at 546,219 as of July 1, 2004, according to United States Census Bureau estimates, making it the second-largest city in Tennessee (below Memphis). The 2004 population of the entire 13-county Nashville metropolitan area was 1,395,879, making it the largest and fastest-growing metropolitan area in the state.
Although Nashville is renowned for being a major music recording center and tourist destination, its largest industry is actually health care. Nashville is home to more than 250 health care companies, including Hospital Corporation of America, the largest private operator of hospitals in the world. As of 2006, the Nashville Healthcare Council estimated the health care industry contributed $18.3 billion a year and 94,000 jobs to the Nashville-area economy.
Other major industries in Nashville include insurance, finance, and publishing (especially religious publishing). The city also hosts headquarters operations for several Protestant denominations, including the United Methodist Church, Southern Baptist Convention, and National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. Middle Tennessee is also noted for its automotive industry. The community of Spring Hill, Tenn., 30 mils south of Nashville, is home to a major complex that manufactures Saturns. In Smyrna, just east of Nashville, Nissan has a major manufacturing facility. In 2005, Nissan USA, announced it is moving its headquarters from Los Angeles to Williamson County, in the Nashville metropolitan area.
According to Expansion Management Magazine, Nashville is "the Hottest City in America for Relocation and Expansion." In June, 2006, Kiplinger Personal Finance Magazine ranked Nashville #1 on its list of The 50 Smartest Places to Live in America.
Nashville is the location of the membership headquarters of the largest small business association in America, the National Federation of Independent Business, NFIB.
 City & Official websites
 See also
 Recent Nashville business news
Links to recent headlines via Topix.net
- Community Health Systems to spin out new company
- Add a branch to the family tree: Nashville is about to get another publicly traded health care company.
- Memphis cop shooting suspect still at large
- Our eNewspaper network was founded in 2002 to provide stand-alone digital news sites tailored for the most searched-for locations for news. With a traditional newspaper format, more than 100 sites were established each with a newspaper-type name to cover the highest-ranked regions, countries, cities and states.
- Fidelity Networks Celebrates Banner Year
- PRLog - Aug. 3, 2015 - NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Fidelity Networks, the leading technology sales and service company based in Murfreesboro, TN, is celebrating a banner year.
- He's not going anywhere: Schatzlein on his Saint Thomas legacy, future in Nashville
- He may have a different job, but don't expect to lose the colorful voice of Mike Schatzlein from the Nashville business community.
- Man Assaulted at River Rock Blvd. Business
- A 39-year old Antioch man had to be taken to Vanderbilt Hospital after suffering several eye socket fractures and cuts during an assault at Bullseye Sportsbar on River Rock Boulevard. The assault happened on Sunday morning around 6. The victim apparently went to the back patio to play a game of pool.
- Unpaid Traffic Ticket Illinois
- You should definitely hire a Colorado DUI attorney you learn more about MDOT traffic ticket deal you see let's say using the best technology available. We will try to provide accurate information within the prosecutors have a look where you are going to do with the nickel Steve? Now we ny red light ticket a simple.
- ICA and AOCA join forces for The Car Wash Show 2016
- NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The International Carwash Association and the Automotive Oil Change Association announced they will co-locate AOCA's annual convention and trade show with The Car Wash Show starting next year, according to a press release.
- Longtime Nashville running store to close
- After 42 years in business, a longtime Nashville running store is closing its doors.
 See also
- Better Business Bureau of Middle Tennessee
- Metro Nashville Library
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Small Business Council: The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Council champions the growth and development of small business by providing education resources, advocating for small business in the region, and fostering business development through relationships and networking.
- Metro Nashville government's "Minority and Small Business Resource site"
- Music City 50: The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber created The Music City Future 50 program 1992 as a way to identify and recognize the 50 fastest-growing small businesses in the Nashville area.
- Nashville Business Journal
- SCORE, Nashville office: See: SCORE
- Small Business Administration, Nashville office See: Small Business Administration
- Tennessee Minority Suppliers Development Council