Nashville is a city in Davidson County in Tennessee.
Nashville is the capital of the state of Tennessee. It is located on the Cumberland River in Davidson County in the north-central part of the state. Nashville is also a major hub for the health care, entertainment and publishing industries. Metropolitan Nashville's population stood at 546,219 as of July 1, 2004, according to United States Census Bureau estimates, making it the second-largest city in Tennessee (below Memphis). The 2004 population of the entire 13-county Nashville metropolitan area was 1,395,879, making it the largest and fastest-growing metropolitan area in the state.
Although Nashville is renowned for being a major music recording center and tourist destination, its largest industry is actually health care. Nashville is home to more than 250 health care companies, including Hospital Corporation of America, the largest private operator of hospitals in the world. As of 2006, the Nashville Healthcare Council estimated the health care industry contributed $18.3 billion a year and 94,000 jobs to the Nashville-area economy.
Other major industries in Nashville include insurance, finance, and publishing (especially religious publishing). The city also hosts headquarters operations for several Protestant denominations, including the United Methodist Church, Southern Baptist Convention, and National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. Middle Tennessee is also noted for its automotive industry. The community of Spring Hill, Tenn., 30 mils south of Nashville, is home to a major complex that manufactures Saturns. In Smyrna, just east of Nashville, Nissan has a major manufacturing facility. In 2005, Nissan USA, announced it is moving its headquarters from Los Angeles to Williamson County, in the Nashville metropolitan area.
According to Expansion Management Magazine, Nashville is "the Hottest City in America for Relocation and Expansion." In June, 2006, Kiplinger Personal Finance Magazine ranked Nashville #1 on its list of The 50 Smartest Places to Live in America.
Nashville is the location of the membership headquarters of the largest small business association in America, the National Federation of Independent Business, NFIB.
 City & Official websites
 See also
 Recent Nashville business news
Links to recent headlines via Topix.net
- June 3 Webinar: A Cost-effective Way to Make SharePoint Extranet...
- Our ExCM add-on solution simplifies and streamlines the deployment, management and use of SharePoint extranets, providing all the necessary tools for secure, easy and affordable extranet management and use. A free one-hour webinar by PremierPoint Solutions, "Making SharePoint Extranet Collaboration and Management Secure, Easy and Affordable," will be held June 3 at 11 a.m. EDT.
- Nashville trip just the beginning of Mariah's musical journey
- Madison Consolidated High School graduate Mariah Scott is embarking on a music career in Nashville. She returns to Madison June 13 for a performance at the Red Bicycle Hall.
- Nashville media company cracks the YouTube code
- There is currently an open casting call in Nashville for male and female show hosts who can "shine on camera." Although GAC, CMT and the Scripps network all film studio television shows in Tennessee, none of them are behind this casting call.
- In Brief - May 28, 2015
- May 28, 2015 Kurt Patat has been named Senior Vice President of Communications for CMT it was announced by Brian Philips , President of CMT, to whom he will report. His appointment is effective immediately.
- Marsh Appoints Wood as Southeast Partnership Leader in Atlanta
- Marsh has appointed Julie Wood as Southeast Partnership leader based in Atlanta. In this role, Wood is responsible for ensuring the delivery of Marsh's advisory and transactional services to clients throughout its Southeast Partnership, which includes Marsh's Atlanta, Birmingham, Ala., Charlotte, N.C., Greenville, S.C., Memphis and Nashville Tenn., and Sunrise and Tampa, Fla.
- HealthEdge to Host the Health Insurer of the Future Panel at AHIP's Institute 2015
- HealthEdge , provider of the only integrated financial, administrative and clinical platform for healthcare payors, today announced that it will feature company, customer and partner executives in a panel presentation. The session, entitled, "The Health Insurer of the Future: How Health Plans will Transform in the Next Five Years," will take place during AHIP's Institute 2015 , which runs from June 3-5, 2015 at the Music City Center in Nashville, TN.
- Northwest Georgia's Unemployment Rate Declines To 5.8 Percent In April
- The Georgia Department of Labor announced Thursday that the unemployment rate in the Northwest Georgia region for April was 5.8 percent, down four-tenths of a percentage point from 6.2 percent in March.
- Top of the List: Distribution Centers
- What are the largest distribution centers in Nashville? We ranked Nashville's distribution centers by total square footage.
 See also
- Better Business Bureau of Middle Tennessee
- Metro Nashville Library
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Small Business Council: The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Council champions the growth and development of small business by providing education resources, advocating for small business in the region, and fostering business development through relationships and networking.
- Metro Nashville government's "Minority and Small Business Resource site"
- Music City 50: The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber created The Music City Future 50 program 1992 as a way to identify and recognize the 50 fastest-growing small businesses in the Nashville area.
- Nashville Business Journal
- SCORE, Nashville office: See: SCORE
- Small Business Administration, Nashville office See: Small Business Administration
- Tennessee Minority Suppliers Development Council