Nashville is a city in Davidson County in Tennessee.
Nashville is the capital of the state of Tennessee. It is located on the Cumberland River in Davidson County in the north-central part of the state. Nashville is also a major hub for the health care, entertainment and publishing industries. Metropolitan Nashville's population stood at 546,219 as of July 1, 2004, according to United States Census Bureau estimates, making it the second-largest city in Tennessee (below Memphis). The 2004 population of the entire 13-county Nashville metropolitan area was 1,395,879, making it the largest and fastest-growing metropolitan area in the state.
Although Nashville is renowned for being a major music recording center and tourist destination, its largest industry is actually health care. Nashville is home to more than 250 health care companies, including Hospital Corporation of America, the largest private operator of hospitals in the world. As of 2006, the Nashville Healthcare Council estimated the health care industry contributed $18.3 billion a year and 94,000 jobs to the Nashville-area economy.
Other major industries in Nashville include insurance, finance, and publishing (especially religious publishing). The city also hosts headquarters operations for several Protestant denominations, including the United Methodist Church, Southern Baptist Convention, and National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. Middle Tennessee is also noted for its automotive industry. The community of Spring Hill, Tenn., 30 mils south of Nashville, is home to a major complex that manufactures Saturns. In Smyrna, just east of Nashville, Nissan has a major manufacturing facility. In 2005, Nissan USA, announced it is moving its headquarters from Los Angeles to Williamson County, in the Nashville metropolitan area.
According to Expansion Management Magazine, Nashville is "the Hottest City in America for Relocation and Expansion." In June, 2006, Kiplinger Personal Finance Magazine ranked Nashville #1 on its list of The 50 Smartest Places to Live in America.
Nashville is the location of the membership headquarters of the largest small business association in America, the National Federation of Independent Business, NFIB.
 City & Official websites
 See also
 Recent Nashville business news
Links to recent headlines via Topix.net
- Jeremy Shockey questioned by FBI: Drug and gambling ring probe visits NFL vet
- Former NFL star Jeremy Shockey was at home in Miami last week when the FBI came knocking at his door. The FBI had questions for Shockey as an investigation into a drug and gambling ring is growing and they are now looking to interview a few more former NFL players, including Shockey.
- iQor Awarded Top Honors by HR.com and Leadership Excellence for LEAD2016
- All award rankings were announced at LEAD2016 Gala Awards Night: February 4th, 2016 at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville, TN. For more than 33 years, Leadership Excellence has identified and recognized the top organizations that develop their leaders.
- ADS Security Grows Footprint in Alabama With SAFECO Acquisition
- ADS Security has acquired Security and Fire Equipment Co. of Northport, Ala. The transaction adds about 1,300 accounts to the ADS Alabama customer base, growing the market to about 21,300 accounts.
- Andrew Morstein Releases 'Honeybee and Other Love Songs' on SuperStar Records
- Up-trending Tenor Collaborates with A-List Musicians including Joe Vitale, Greg Mayo, Billy Nobel, Bill Bergman and David Santos for a Soul-Inspired Project ... brings to mind Gavin DeGraw and the Door's Jim Morrison. Being in league with these gentlemen is praiseworthy in my book.
- Corcentric to Exhibit at the TMC's 2013 Annual Meeting in Nashville, Tennessee
- Corcentric, a leading provider of financial process automation solutions for the trucking industry, today announced they will host booth #259 at the 2013 Technology & Maintenance Council's Annual Meeting, which will take place March 11-14 at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Conference Center, Nashville, TN. Corcentric is a leader in financial process automation, specializing in Centralized Billing solutions, and Accounts Payable automation for the transportation industry.
- Paul Stanley Crawls Out from Under Rock, Offers Commentary on Durham
- Paul Stanley, who quit the state Senate in disgrace in 2009 in a sex-and-blackmail scandal, is offering a little commentary on state Rep. Jeremy Durham's travails. On his blog, Stanley criticizes all involved in the Durham scandal from the media to House leaders to Lt.
- Westin Nashville to Open Fall 2016
- Westin Hotels & Resorts last week announced that the Westin Nashville will open its doors this Fall 2016 in the city'sdowntown district. Owned and developed by Castlerock Asset Management LLC and managed by Wischermann Partners, Inc., The Westin Nashville is a newly built hotel located adjacent to Music City Center, the city's new convention center.
- Education Stars at WOA and AGG1 Academy
- A comprehensive slate of more than 115 education sessions will provide real-world operational and management strategies and techniques to help attendees improve professional knowledge and company productivity. World of Asphalt Show & Conference and AGG1 Academy & Expo 2016 will offer a wide variety of learning opportunities to help aggregates and asphalt industry professionals stay competitive in today's marketplace.
 See also
- Better Business Bureau of Middle Tennessee
- Metro Nashville Library
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Small Business Council: The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Council champions the growth and development of small business by providing education resources, advocating for small business in the region, and fostering business development through relationships and networking.
- Metro Nashville government's "Minority and Small Business Resource site"
- Music City 50: The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber created The Music City Future 50 program 1992 as a way to identify and recognize the 50 fastest-growing small businesses in the Nashville area.
- Nashville Business Journal
- SCORE, Nashville office: See: SCORE
- Small Business Administration, Nashville office See: Small Business Administration
- Tennessee Minority Suppliers Development Council